Homeowners and agents can help the photography process go smoothly and help the home look its best in pictures by doing some preparation before the photographer arrives. The better the home shows in photographs to potential buyers, the more interested they will be. Read below for suggestions to make you space sparkle!
LIVING AND FAMILY ROOMS
• Remove newspapers, magazines and put away books.
• Store remote controls out of sight and conceal exposed cables and cords.
• Remove personal photos, kids toys, etc. from bookshelves, tables and floor.
• Wash all glass surfaces including table tops, cabinet doors and windows.
• Straighten pillows and throws.
• Make the beds neatly, straighten the bedspread and pillows.
• Pick up and put away clothes, toys and shoes.
• Remove items from bedside tables – books, magazines, pictures, clock radios, etc.
• Remove posters and drawings from the walls.
• Move small appliances, knife blocks, paper towels and kitchen gadgets off the counters.
• Remove photos, papers and magnets from the refrigerator.
• Clean major appliances – refrigerator, oven, stove top, range hood, and dishwasher.
• Wipe down sink and counter tops.
• Remove all dirty dishes, sponges, dish towels, dish soap, etc.
• Move trash/recycle bins out of sight.
• Set the table with nice dinnerware, napkins and a centerpiece if possible. If not, clear everything.
• Make sure chairs are spaced equally.
• Clear counter tops of all toiletries, tissues, hair products, etc.
• Remove all personal care products and children’s bath toys from the shower/tub.
• Fold towels neatly and hang straight on towel bars.
• Close toilet lid.
• Wash all glass surfaces including mirrors and shower doors.
• Store toilet brush and plunger out of sight.
• Remove all vehicles from driveway (cars, boats, RVs, motorcycles, etc) and do not park directly in front of the house.
• Move garbage and recycling cans out of sight.
• Remove all garden tools, hoses and clutter.
• Pick up after your pets in the yard.
• Remove all children’s toys, bikes, etc from the yard and deck/patio.
• Mow the grass, rake leaves and debris, pull weeds and remove any dead vegetation.
• If you are feeling ambitious, plant some fresh flowers in empty planters and pots.
• Sweep driveways, sidewalks and deck/patio.
• Skim & vacuum pools and spas.
• Straighten outdoor furniture and remove pool toys & cleaning tools.
• Turn on pool lights, waterfalls and/or spa bubbles.
• Schedule repairs well before photo shoot.